Sensory Training gives a new way to live an abundant interconnected life.
Expand your sensory awareness
In a place nestled between the two Owheroa Falls in Karangahake Gorge, you are warmly invited to discover the secrets of super-sensing your life. Your senses kick in as soon as you catch a breath of fragrant New Zealand bush. You see a wall of green punga tree’s, creating a green lush paradise next to abundant cascades of water. Relax with the constant sounds of both waterfalls creating their own unique water song. As you settle in to absorb new information about your senses, enjoy the taste of local delicious food.
Cilla Sturt – Sensory Training Coach
Connect with aroha
Owheroa Waterfalls lie at the foothills of Mt Te Aroha. Therefore, Aroha is the name given to the land their waters flows through. Aroha can be translated simply as “Love”. But the full meaning of aroha encompasses all of the five senses, the ego and also intellect, and cannot be contained in just one word. In Maori, aroha encompasses the breath of life and the creative force of the spirit, and it assumes that the universe is abundant and that there are more opportunities than people. It seeks and draws out the best in people, it rejects greed, aggression and ignorance and instead encourages actions that are generous.
Strength from your senses
- Your senses connect you to the best of who you are.
- You can navigate life much more easily using sensory skills.
- Your senses are a solid platform for your strengths when you consciously connect to them. The stronger you become the more confident you will feel.
- Your sensory strengths are foundational for having integrity and purpose, for all work situations, personal relationships, and growing your business.
Reliable and well tested
Cilla Sturt has been developing and sharing sensory programs and workshops for more than 20 years. She is an expert at understanding the relationship we have with our senses. These sensory findings have been honed from facilitating thousands of sensory programs with people from 16 cultures. The remarkable results of her work have been independently researched and published in internationally recognised journals.
Sensory awareness is relevant for everything!
At work, with your team, family, partner, friends, pets, lifestyle, community.
- More clarity when making decisions through sight intelligence, internal inspiration, a more positive outlook, an inner compass – like a guide for life direction
- More authentic, communicate with more confidence through sound intelligence, get more respect, be more easily understood
- More trust in self and others through smell intelligence; improve relationship communication at home and at work
- More motivation through taste intelligence; take initiative to say ‘yes’ to the best choices, better understanding of what works for you
- More energy through touch intelligence for health and wellness, more secure in relationships and more at ease with life, courage to face difficulties
What do people say?
I would like to express my gratitude for your contribution to the team today. I was unsure as to how the team would respect the process but it is very obvious from the discussions post-meeting that they have enjoyed the day, revealed something about themselves and identified their “anchor” in regards to their metaphor – especially the younger members.
I am really appreciative of the style of presentation as this can be a hard group to get to open up about themselves. The other key aspect is that I now have a greater insight into what will make these guys perform – be it a communication style but more importantly what they look for in terms of purpose i.e. safety, enjoyment, satisfaction etc.
Thank you for your presentation and facilitation – I know I sort of took a risk with this group but I am sure it will pay dividends in their performance and teamwork.
The program that was delivered to our team has an original methodology that identifies every person's unique strengths and enables them to connect to them in a meaningful way. It was a fun but fascinating conversation that our team individually, and as a whole could connect to and usefully apply. New strengths were discovered to enhance performance and engagement in their work situation.
We see it as an important piece of team development in our overall organisational growth strategy.
I found the whole process rewarding and empowering. We often assume our best parts are obvious and then when we have constructive help to see our strengths more clearly, we learn new things that help us move through life more easily. I have taken my learning's and applied them to help me work better in our business and things are going very well. Internally the staff feel easier to work with and externally I have achieved some really big things, as a result.
I would recommend this process to anyone who wants to create something precious and valuable with their team.